I. RESEARCH AGENDA
JRMSU-KATIPUNAN CAMPUS RESEARCH AGENDA
(BOT Approved per Board Resolution No. 64, Series 2008)
The vital role of research in national development cannot be overemphasized. Research, in fact, is a fundamental function of Higher Education Institution alongside with instruction and extension (community service). For this reason, it is important and necessary to harmonize and consolidate efforts towards increased research productivity and quality in all higher education in institutions through research agenda.
Research Agenda 2009 – 2014
The following agenda are highlighted over a 4- year period.
Agendum 1: ENHANCING RESEARCH PRODUCTIVITY
Faculty members will be capacitated to conduct researches in line with their areas of specialization. Periodic research training will be conducted utilizing both quantitative and qualitative research techniques.
Agendum 2: IMPROVING THE SYSTEM’S QUALITY ASSURANCE FOR RESEARCH
On top of the existing external refereeing system, an institutional quality assurance system will be established which will include:
- Research Program / Topic By Discipline. An institutional listing of research topics shall be prepared by the research office to guide the faculty researchers on the type of topic they should do.
- Discipleship Approach. Seasoned faculty researchers will be assigned to take the lead role in research project that will involve three to four junior faculty members.
- Monitoring System. A workable monitoring and mentoring system will be adopted by the JRMSU System
- Expanded Refereeing System. An expanded pool of referees by discipline will be established.
Agendum 3: STRENGTHENING THE SUPPORT SYSTEM IN RESEARCH
JRMSU System strives to strengthen its support system through:
- Allocating a research budget per campus of the system.
- Designing a loading system that integrates research responsibility to the faculty.
- Publishing a referred journal of research for the entire system
II. RESEARCH PRIORITIES
COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURE
1.1 Maximize production of high valued crops at a minimal cost .
1.2 Concentrate on effective, efficient, affordable and environment friendly approach to pest and diseases.
1.3 Utilization of indigenous crops as alternative cereals to address the problems on food shortage.
1.4 Measures that could mitigate climate change.
1.5 Fruit tree production that could improve income of the institution.
1.6 Organic farming.
2.1 Utilization of alternative feeds such as indigenous feedstuffs.
2.2 Improvement of production and quality poultry and livestock at minimal production cost.
2.3 Field test of ethno veterinary medicines for organic livestock and poultry.
3. Agribusiness Management
3.1 Value chain analysis related to agricultural and fisher production.
3.2 Production and processing technology of agricultural enterprise.
3.3 Climate change.
3.4 Case studies of some agricultural microfinance institutions and industries.
COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
1. Science and Mathematics
1.1 Use scientific principles in responding to the development needs of the country.
1.2 Utilization of action researches/ quasi experimental classroom based researches to produce quality education.
1.3 Produce qualitative and quantitative environmental researches that could recommend measures to mitigate climate change.
1.4 Utilization of indigenous resources as alternative fuels to address the problem of petroleum shortage.
1.5 Generate instructional materials based on findings of the conducted researches.
2. Fisheries and Coastal Management
2.1 Use scientific principles in responding to the development needs of the country.
2.2 Utilization of action researches to improve classroom instruction
2.3 Produce researches that could mitigate climate change.
2.4 Utilization of indigenous resources as alternative fuels to address the problem of petroleum shortage.
2.5 Generate instructional materials based on findings of the conducted researches.
3. Humanities, Social Science and Communication
3.1 Produce peace and development studies with application to Mindanao situation on peace and order conflict.
3.2 Utilization of action researches on leadership and resource speakership on aspects of improving students’ competency /skills of English communication.
3.3 Conduct researches that could address social problems (drug addiction, teenage pregnancy, social networking and family trouble) affecting the students’ learning process.
3.4 Generate instructional materials based on findings of the conducted researches.
- Policy Research on Information Technology
- Technological research for the advancement of Philippine Information Technology
- Breakthrough or pioneering researches
- Grid and cluster computing
- Low cost computing and open source
- Wired and wireless network technologies including internet connectivity to SUCs.
- Foundations of computer science.
- Knowledge based technologies/Emerging technologies.
- Policy research on hotel restaurant management/ industrial technology.
- Research on Product Development.
Research Priority Areas References:
CHED –NHERA/ DOST research agenda in science and mathematics / DOST/ DA R and D priority agenda
List of Researches Presented in Local In-house Review/Regional/National/International/Conferences